Sunday, October 11, 2009

Workout Playlist

I think most (if not all) of us would agree that any workout is much, much better with music that is energizing & makes you feel like you can run/walk forever (or at least just a couple more minutes).

Here is a list of some of my favorite workout songs:
All I Ever Wanted by Basshunter
Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) by Beyonce
I Believe in a Thing Called Love by The Darkness
Sandstorm by Darude
Bleed American by Jimmy Eat World
Love Lockdown by Kanye West
Stronger by Kanye West (the guy's a little crazy, but he makes some good music)
Hot N Cold by Katy Perry
My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson
Beggin' by Madcon
Paper Planes by MIA
Electric Feel by MGMT
That's Not My Name by The Ting Tings
Yeah by Usher

I'm always looking for new, fun music to add to my playlist. And clearly, genre is not an issue.

What about you? What are your favorites?

8 comments:

Ceri said...

I get so easily bored on a treadmill. I need a good long podcast to keep me on there. I listen to Australian DJs called Hamish & Andy - their podcast lasts about 40 minutes, and because of the time difference, there's a new one ready every time I wake up in the morning. It's nice to exercise and have a good giggle at the same time. :)

serendipity_viv said...

I always worry about walking and listening to music at the same time. I am always concerned I am going to get knocked down whilst crossing the roads. I think my mother has installed this sort of concern in me over the years.

Sandy Nawrot said...

I've made workout playlists, and darned if they do work! For awhile anyway. I tend to get bored with them after awhile, and have to change them up. There are those songs that must make you feel like you could climb a mountain.

Amanda said...

I tend to choose songs based on length, and I listen to a lot of bands that no one's ever heard of...

Anonymous said...

Gotta throw Lady GaGa in there. :) Maybe a little Cupid Shuffle-love that dance!!:)

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Trisha--I was thinking that doing the cupid shuffle over and over could be a workout in itself!!

I HAVE to have pump-me-up music when working out. Definitely Stronger by Kanye, Fighter by Christina, Sandstorm (thanks you to you Elise), Let's Get it Started by BEP, Last Resort by Papa Roach, The Way I Are by Timbaland.

And to cool down? Baba O'Riley by The Who.

Lisa said...

I'm not familiar with all of those. Might have to head over to last.fm to test them out.

I usually watch tv while I ride the bike.

Melanie said...

I absolutely love that Ting Tings song...has the perfect beat to walk fast to!

I've been listening to concept albums recently, The Decemberists' The Hazards of Love and Green Day's American Idiot. sort of a cross between audio book and the music!