Thursday, April 8, 2010

Progess Report #2 - April 2nd - 8th


Are some of you wondering how this is the 2nd progress report? Never fear Jill will keep up with you, but we did start out with a mini challenge last week to start April out right with at least 1 mile. Some of you reported in, and others I am sure will combine with this week's report. All good. What we are striving for is movement, preferably forward movement, but really sideways or backwards would count too.

There are some serious challenges out there in the blogsphere. What I like about this one is that I can chose my level (200 miles in my case) and work out my pace. I won't make it with the effort I have put out this week, so I need to do some serious thinking. I did see someone ask for a post on the couch to 5k. I am just starting week 8 (out of 9 weeks) so will be happy to debrief in another week or so. 

Back to challenges. One that I have become aware of is that between Anti-Jared and Prior Fatgirl. The best part is charaity wins! Read all about this 60 minute challenge on April 20. Who couldn't use 4 miles (or more!) to add to their total AND support a good cause? Until then, let us know how you are doing, what you do to make sure you get your workout time in (finally worked in the image!) and your plans for next week. I just want to up my weekly total -even by 1 mile-  let's start there. I think week 8 of the couch to 5k and opening day for Little League is about all I can handle!

Cheers and get moving!
Allie and Jill

27 comments:

Morgan said...

Put me down for 7 this week.

Zia said...

Put me down for 13 this week.

Jenn said...

Eep! I did 3 this week, but I am definitely going to pick up the pace.

Carin said...

I did 10 this week (total should be 12 now). My shoulder is still really bothering me so all I've been doing is walking. :(

Anonymous said...

I'm off to a slow start but I'm getting back into it! I have 4 for this week.

Nan (Nan's Corner)

Kelly said...

I did 5 this week.

Chrisbookarama said...

I did 8 this week. That brings me to 10. I'm 1/10 there!

Unknown said...

12 for me this week.

Deb said...

I only did 2 this week -- too much time running around getting stuff ready for my daughter's birthday party, not enough time actually running :-) Next week will be better -- I'll have to burn off all the cake from her party!

Laura said...

Put me down for 11 this week :)

Anonymous said...

I started the month off with 14 miles (22 km)! Feels like a good start :)

Anonymous said...

11 for me for a total of 11.

Kimberly said...

Hey Allie and Jill! I added 9 miles this week for a total of 10 accumulated miles. Have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

5 so far.

You can find my post HERE

Anonymous said...

15 for me. Good job everyone!

Watcher said...

3. :(. I'll get there!

Sally said...

only 4....slow but sure!

Megan said...

9 miles for me this week. That gets me up to 11 so far! =)

Amanda said...

Terrible week for me this week, only 4 miles, bringing me up to 7. Ugh.

Kate S. said...

I did 23 miles this week for a total of 27. My triumph this week was walking ten miles in one day. I don't think I'll make a habit of it, but I was pleased to find that I had the stamina to do it!

Dahlia Jinn said...

For this round I have in 7 miles since April 1st.
I am down almost a dress size! Feel better. Have a little definition in some places. Booty lifting. Progress! :0)

m3kp said...

I did 36 miles this week, giving me a total of 47 miles. I'm so glad the weather has warmed up here so that I can get back in the saddle on my bike. Running outside has felt great as well. A week from today I am running the Susan Komen 5K here in Savannah. I'm tracking my progress here: http://m3kp.blogspot.com/

ladydi said...

I had 32 this week. We had lots of sunshine and warmth, and couldn't wait to get outside. I'm not sure where April 1 fits in since it was on Thursday, but I had 6 miles that day, bringing my total to 38.

Nise' said...

As of today I am at 48 miles. This gorgeous weather is wonderful!

Amanda D said...

For April 1-8, I did 14 miles! Woo-hoo! That's a good, strong start.

apple blossom said...

I'm late this week. Sorry.



5 miles for the week

for total of 5 miles so for

Juliann said...

Looks like I forgot to post this week - I had 10 miles.